If you wish to purchase a chapbook at a discounted price from our catalog along with your submission, you may do so using this category. This not only supports our press, but also allows our amazing authors to gain another set of encouraging readers.
Thank you for considering Hermeneutic Chaos Press as a possible home for your manuscript. We are excited to read it!
Before you submit, please get acquainted with all the necessary information pertaining to chapbook submissions on our website
May 1- June 30
We read manuscripts that belong to the following categories
- Poetry (verse and prose)
- Flash/micro fiction
- Short fiction
- Creative non-fiction and lyric essays
- Please submit a manuscript that is between 15-30 pages in length (excluding the title page, acknowledgements, etc).
- All submissions must include a title page and an acknowledgements page (if required). There is no need to number the pages.
- Please ensure that each piece gets its own page, and each new work begins on a new page.
- We do consider individual pieces that have been published elsewhere, but the manuscript as a whole should be unpublished, whether online or in print.
- We encourage simultaneous submissions. However, please mention this in the cover letter and withdraw your manuscript immediately if it finds a home elsewhere.
- You can submit multiple manuscripts in any category during a given reading period.
- Please note that manuscript revisions will not be considered once it has been submitted. This is because we begin to read the manuscripts very soon after they are submitted to us, and an editing request plays havoc with our momentum. We never disqualify manuscripts for errors or mistakes. We are primarily interested in speaking to the author's voice, and the themes and motifs that reside in the chapbooks. In case we have any question regarding your manuscript, we will contact you. However, if you feel that the changes would drastically alter the aesthetic shape of the manuscript, we request you to withdraw it in its entirety and submit again.
Authors whose manuscripts are accepted for publication will receive 15 author copies as payment. They may also purchase additional author copies from the press at cost.
We aim to respond to all our submissions within 8-10 weeks, usually less. Please feel free to contact us if you don't hear from us by then.
In case you have any question regarding submissions, please get in touch with us at editor.hermeneuticchaos (at) gmail.com.
Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to read your manuscript. We look forward to spending time with it!